DIR, EMP. REL. & IMMIGRATION
Broward Health is Broward County’s largest healthcare services provider and is one of the nation’s top public health systems. We are seeking a qualified professional to join our team.
FULL-TIME – MONDAY – FRIDAY – DAYS – WEEKEND REQUIREMENTS: AS NEEDED
Under the direct supervision of the SVP/Human Resources, the incumbent will be responsible for providing system-wide leadership and oversight of employee relations, immigration, diversity, inclusion & advocacy programs and initiatives in compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations. Responsible for collaborating with HR leadership to design programs to maximize employee engagement, promote diversity awareness, education and foster a culture of inclusion and equity for all employee partners.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with HR leadership to develop and implement HR policies, programs and enhancements to maintain competitive advantage by increasing employee engagement and promoting a positive and consistent employee experience.
- Monitor employment/HR-related legislation and strategically develop necessary modifications to existing practices, policies and programs.
- Provide expertise/ employee-relations guidance to Regional HR and organization leaders on a diverse range of complex, sensitive and/or high risk HR issues. Guide and drive strategies to resolve difficult and/or sensitive workplace matters, providing objective coaching and guidance on performance, conduct issues and investigations
- Appropriately assess HR related issues and minimize organizational risk by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Provide reporting and analysis on trends and various department/ system-wide initiatives.
- Assist in the design, development and/or delivery of specific training initiatives for HR.
- Provide guidance on the interpretation and application of HR policy and practices.
- Oversee system-wide immigration sponsorship program for employees and applicants & I-9 compliance.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Specialized HR training or PHR/SPHR/SHRM-SCP Certification preferred.
- 7 years of hr, labor management or employee relations experience and/or training in Human Resources Management or a related discipline required
- Strong expertise in employment law, compliance, and conducting sensitive investigations, and managing organizational immigration- sponsorship programs.
- Understanding of, and experience with, core aspects of Human Resource Management
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- A successful record of coaching and consulting on complex workplace matters.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and expertise in employee and employment relations, contract negotiations and administration, and related laws, and trends.
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws
Thank you for your interest in Broward Health. Broward Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action procurer of goods and services.