Case Manager, Acute Care, Pool Varied Days,(50709) BHC
Responsible for facilitating care along a continuum through effective resource coordination to help patients achieve optimal health, access to care and appropriate utilization of resources, balanced with the patient’s resources and right to self-determination. Has overall responsibility for ensuring that care is provided at the appropriate level of care based on medical necessity and to assess the patient for transition needs to promote timely throughput, safe discharge and prevent avoidable readmissions. This position integrates national standards for case management scope of services including:
- Transition Management promoting appropriate length of stay, readmission prevention and patient satisfaction
- Care Coordination by demonstrating efficient throughput while assuring care is sequenced and at appropriate level of care
- Ability to assign cases to Social Services with social related issues and assigning cases appropriately
- Compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements, TJC accreditation standards and policy
- Education provided to physicians, patients, families and caregivers
- Utilization Management supporting medical necessity and denial prevention
The individual’s responsibilities include the following activities: care coordination, transition
Registered Nurse license with at least two years acute hospital patient care experience. BSN preferred.
Registered Nurse license State of Florida/multi-state
BLS,Within 30 days of hire: 10) MCG education course completion annually thereafter. 2)Demonstrate Case Management documentation system within 30 days of hire
Thank you for your interest in Broward Health. Broward Health is an EO/AA procurer of goods/services, M/F/D/V.