DIR, PROCESS IMPROVEMENT- #36783
Broward Health is Broward County’s largest healthcare services provider and is one of the nation’s top public health systems. We are seeking a qualified professional to join our team.
FULL-TIME – MONDAY – FRIDAY – DAYS – WEEKEND REQUIREMENTS: AS NEEDED
The Director or Process Improvement is responsible for overseeing and directing one or more multi-team performance improvement projects across the Health System. The Director will plan, develop, and execute performance improvement projects with hospital executives and the corporate leadership. This position requires an individual who is a self-starter, has the ability to manage multiple priorities, work with only general supervision on assigned projects and activities, demonstrates tact and diplomacy in situations of conflict and controversy and demonstrates excellent communication and presentation skills. This individual should possess strategic vision, excellent communication skills, proven motivational capabilities, have an executive presence, and a demonstrated track record of delivering results and attaining goals.
• Strategically plans and implements process improvement projects with hospital executives and corporate leadership.
• Analyzes service line and organizational structure to identify opportunities and makes recommendations to facility leadership in alignment with the facility’s strategic plan.
• Collaborates with corporate groups to identify and implement cost saving, revenue enhancement and process improvement strategies.
• Builds and maintains strong, effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders; including hospital-based leadership, staff, and physicians.
• Directs the onsite subject matter specialists (SMS) assessment activities and the utilization and integration of the SMSs into the performance improvement teams.
• Develops strategic documents, such as: communication plans, detailed project plans, and project updates/presentations.
• Develops Team Leads in process improvement activities and engagements in the field, which includes utilization of on-boarding documentation, facilitation of teams, data analysis for savings opportunities, training and on-going development.
• Provides effective communication and presentations to senior leadership, hospital executives, and various departments and project partners.
• Manages the work of team leaders; providing direction when appropriate and appraising the performance of respective team leaders.
• Tracks, monitors and reports project status and outcomes.
7-10 years professional work experience required.
• 5-7 years relevant experience required.
Bachelors required with Masters in Business or Health Administration equivalent
ASQ Black Belt Preferred or equivalent Lean Certification from SME
Experience in performance/process improvement including proven success in
• Experience within healthcare operations required.
• Must have extensive PC skills including spreadsheets, databases, and
Experience with Cerner, TeleTracking, Crimson, and KaiNexus preferred
• Must have strong analytical, written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• Travel within health system required
Thank you for your interest in Broward Health. Broward Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action procurer of goods and services.