RN Resident – Ortho 4 North – FT (30005) – 7p to 7a- #30005
Full-time, benefits-eligible position, 7pm-7am, with every other weekend shift required (72hrs/biweekly). Completion of a nursing program from an accredited school of Nursing within the past year (ASN or BSN). Current State of Florida Registered Nurse license and current BLS certification from the American Heart Association is required. Excellent customer service skills required.
The RN Residency Program at Broward Health Coral Springs is for new graduate nurses. The year-long program provides the new graduate with a knowledge base, skill set and structured support needed to transition to competence in clinical nursing practice. The Residency program supplements the traditional hospital and unit orientations. During the program, the Resident will receive a staff nurse salary with full-time benefits. The program requires a 2-year commitment.
- Obtain a ADN or BSN degree from an accredited school of nursing within the past year and no more than six months employment as a Registered Nurse
- Current and clear Florida licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Maintain Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support Health Care Provider Card required.
For consideration, ALL of the following MUST be submitted at the time the application is completed.
A professional resume to include:
- GPA – Overall GPA accompanied by unofficial transcripts
- Employment History- organization, dates, job title, responsibilities
- Volunteer Service- name of organization, role, and responsibilities
- Leadership roles in work, school or service organization; honors & awards
- Academic clinical experiences: institution name, unit, dates and brief descriptions of care provided and competencies performed.
An essay addressing the topics below:
- Why do you want to begin your nursing career at Broward Health?
- What are your expectations of the Nurse Residency Program and how will it help you achieve your goals?
- Why did you choose the profession of nursing?
- Why should you be chosen for the Nurse Residency Program?
- What are your areas of interest within Broward Health and why?
- Two professional letters of recommendation, one of which can be from a clinical faculty member
Thank you for your interest in Broward Health. Broward Health is an EO/AA procurer of goods/services, M/F/D/V.