Registered Nurse Resident, 5ST Progressive Care-72hours-Req#30412- #30412
The RN Residency Program at Broward Health is for new graduate nurses. The program is designed to help the Nurse Resident attain more clinical experience, knowledge of pathophysiology, and critical thinking skills to facilitate transition into professional nursing practice.
During the program, the Resident will receive a staff nurse salary with full-time benefits. The program requires a 2-year commitment.
Duties: The professional registered nurse is accountable to plan, coordinate, provide, intervene and evaluate the care of assigned patients based upon the treatment plan, nursing standards, nurse practice act and individual patient needs. Each professional registered nurse participates with the inter-disciplinary team to establish an individualized plan of care for each patient. Under direct supervision provides direct and indirect patient care.
Leadership Skills, Effective Communication Skills, Initiative, Independent Judgment, Ability to handle stressful environments
- Obtain a ADN or BSN degree from an accredited school of nursing
- Current and clear Florida licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Graduate from an approved nursing school within the past year with less than six months employment as a Registered Nurse.
- Maintain Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support Health Care Provider Card required.
- Satisfy all application requirements as stated by Broward Health
- Commit to two-year, full time commitment with Broward Health
- Previous clinical experience for those seeking Acute Care and Specialty Care positions. This may include previous such as externships, senior practicums, or have taken specific courses as part of your nursing curriculum for these specialty areas strongly preferred.
Please Read Carefully:
For consideration, ALL of the following items MUST be submitted at the time the application is completed. Please upload ALL ITEMS AS ONE DOCUMENT along with your resume.
Applications received without required documentation WILL NOT be considered.
A professional resume to include:
- GPA – Overall GPA accompanied by unofficial transcripts
- Employment History- organization, dates, job title, responsibilities
- Volunteer Service- name of organization, role, and responsibilities
- Leadership roles in work, school or service organization; honors & awards
- Academic clinical experiences: institution name, unit, dates and brief descriptions of care provided and competencies performed
An essay addressing the topics below:
- Why do you want to begin your nursing career at Broward Health?
- What are your expectations of the Nurse Residency Program and how will it help you achieve your goals?
- Why did you choose the profession of nursing?
- Why should you be chosen for the Nurse Residency Program?
- What are your areas of interest within Broward Health and why?
Letters of Recommendation
- Two professional letters of recommendation, one of which can be from a clinical faculty member
Thank you for you interest in Broward Health. Broward Health is an EO/AA procurer of goods/services, M/F/D/V.